Friday, November 5, 2010

All Hail the Powr of Jesus' Name

"All hail the power of Jesus' name! Let angels prostrate fall." The following account bears witness to these lines from the hymn of the same title.

"At the end of the most difficult exorcisms, when I am confronted with total demonic possession, I pray the christological hymn of the Letter of Paul to the Philippians (2:6-11). When I speak the words 'so that all beings in the heavens, on earth, and in the underworld should bend the knee at the name of Jesus', I kneel, everyone present kneels, and always the one possessed by the demons is also compelled to kneel. It is a moving and powerful moment. I always feel that all the legions of the angels are surrounding us, kneeling at the name of Jesus" (23).

An Exorcist Tells His Story by Gabriele Amorth, Ignatius Press, 1999.

No comments:

Post a Comment